I've decided to join the blogging world! 9 months on, 9 months not "quite" so off...

Yesterday my baby turned 8 months and it became clear to me that the saying 9 months on, 9 months off isn't going to happen for me.
     Now let me start by saying I know I'm not fat, no I'm not overweight but since exactly 8 months ago I've become, well, I'll call it jiggly. I am very grateful for my beautiful baby, and I knew that having her meant my body would change. But I thought since I'd been the same weight for over 10 years that after I had my baby my body would just go right back to its normal weight. It didn't.
    I was fine with the possibility of stretch marks, since I already had them adding some more was kinda like alright :"bring on the battle scars", that didn't bother me. But what does bother me is the number on the scale. I decided to join the blogging world to make myself accountable. That way if I'm going to go public with my  weight I'll be more likely to commit to a change. I just want to look down and see less pudge of chub!
    I gained 42 pounds while growing RyK, which is 7-17 lbs over the recommended weight gain. I wish I hadn't gained that much but I can truthfully say that when I reached 24 weeks I felt like I was starving all the time. I would eat something and 45 mins later my body was telling my mind that It hadn't ate in days. While I was pregnant my mindset was if I am hungry, I am going to eat. Which I don't think was a bad idea, however I could have made better choices. It's not that I indulged in too many sweets or hamburgers, I think it probably came from too many helpings of pasta (my favorite food).  I will admit that during those almost 39 weeks I hardly made an effort to exercise, which wasn't the best decision either. But now I know and hopefully I make better choices next time around, lol!
   Then my baby was born, wahoo! I wasn't pregnant anymore! But then came the list of reasons I couldn't work out (all though some of them are totally legit, others are just excuses and pure laziness).
1. I had a second degree tear. It was painful, I couldn't sit on one side of my butt at all for weeks and weeks.
2. At my 6 week postpartum appointment they cut off  a piece of skin that had come out from being sewn into my stitches. That hurt too.
3. I was tired. Ain't that the truth! I had a new born baby, it was just easier to sit there, or sleep whenever I possibly could.
4. I'm not a "traditional stay at home mom" 3 days out of the week I am with my sisters kids and my baby. That makes me the busy "mother" of 4. Having a 5 year old, almost 3 year old, and 2 babies doesn't leave much down time. Then on Thursdays, Fridays and some Saturday's I go to work. That leaves 1.5 days left to relax. Because I work for myself, any thursdays or fridays that I didn't have full schedule RyK and I would spend the whole day in our jammies, just enjoying it!
5. Last but not least I had an ovarian cyst. It caused me pain on my right side. In November (5 months pp)  I had surgery to have it removed. That hurt for a while too. I was really hoping I would magically loose some weight when they removed it, but I didn't. Dissapointing.
   So today I decided I am making a change. I am going to actually run on my treadmill. Ahh! Before I was the type of girl who when I did decide to exercise I'd spend the whole time walking on the treadmill at a pace of a 3 or so. Well not today! Today I ran, for 18 minutes straight and walked the rest of the half hour. I can honestly say I have never done that before. To those who know me that probably would not be surprising to hear! I know that sounds so little, but I've got to start somewhere. Today I weigh 140 lbs and  I am ready to lower the number on the scale. I want to walk by a mirror and be happy to look at myself! I am going to set a goal for myself to loose 12 pounds, back to where I was before I got pregnant, at 128 lbs.  I hope it doesn't take me too much longer to get back there, wish me luck! I'll keep you updated!
-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we discovered our baby had Craniosynostosis

Rylen's Sagittal Cranial Vault Reconstruction Surgery Recap

Is it because of craniosynostosis?